New: Read Oliver Twist online.

Oliver Twist or (The Parish Boy's Progress) by Charles Dickens.
Oliver Twist is the second novel by English author Charles Dickens, published by Richard Bentley in 1838.

Sonnet 66 - Tired with all these for restful death I cry, nor boundless sea, by William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare
Sonnet 66 Tired with all these for restful death I cry.

Tired with all these, for restful death I cry,
As, to behold desert a beggar born,
And needy nothing trimm'd in jollity,
And purest faith unhappily forsworn,
And guilded honour shamefully misplaced,
And maiden virtue rudely strumpeted,
And right perfection wrongfully disgraced,
And strength by limping sway disabled,
And art made tongue-tied by authority,
And folly doctor-like controlling skill,
And simple truth miscall'd simplicity,
And captive good attending captain ill:
Tired with all these, from these would I be gone,
Save that, to die, I leave my love alone. 

William Shakespeare Sonnet 66 Tired with all these for restful death I cry, nor boundless sea.

Shakespeare's sonnets deal with issues such as love, the passage of time, beauty and mortality, Shakespeare's sonnets are 154 poems in sonnet form . (more sonnets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts