New: Read Oliver Twist online.

Oliver Twist or (The Parish Boy's Progress) by Charles Dickens.
Oliver Twist is the second novel by English author Charles Dickens, published by Richard Bentley in 1838.

Sonnet 61 - Is it thy will thy image should keep open, by William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare
 Sonnet 61 Is it thy will thy image should keep open.

Is it thy will thy image should keep open
My heavy eyelids to the weary night?
Dost thou desire my slumbers should be broken,
While shadows like to thee do mock my sight?
Is it thy spirit that thou send'st from thee
So far from home into my deeds to pry,
To find out shames and idle hours in me,
The scope and tenor of thy jealousy?
O, no! thy love, though much, is not so great:
It is my love that keeps mine eye awake;
Mine own true love that doth my rest defeat,
To play the watchman ever for thy sake:
For thee watch I whilst thou dost wake elsewhere,
From me far off, with others all too near.

Sonnet 61 - Is it thy will thy image should keep open, by William Shakespeare.


Shakespeare's sonnets deal with issues such as love, the passage of time, beauty and mortality, Shakespeare's sonnets are 154 poems in sonnet form . (more sonnets)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts