New: Read Oliver Twist online.

Oliver Twist or (The Parish Boy's Progress) by Charles Dickens.
Oliver Twist is the second novel by English author Charles Dickens, published by Richard Bentley in 1838.

William Shakespeare Sonnet 44 - If the dull substance of my flesh were thought

William Shakespeare
Sonnet 44 If the dull substance of my flesh were thought

If the dull substance of my flesh were thought,
Injurious distance should not stop my way;
For then despite of space I would be brought,
From limits far remote where thou dost stay.
No matter then although my foot did stand
Upon the farthest earth removed from thee;
For nimble thought can jump both sea and land
As soon as think the place where he would be.
But ah! thought kills me that I am not thought,
To leap large lengths of miles when thou art gone,
But that so much of earth and water wrought

I must attend time's leisure with my moan,
Receiving nought by elements so slow
But heavy tears, badges of either's woe.


William Shakespeare Sonnet 44 If the dull substance of my flesh were thought .

Shakespeare's sonnets deal with issues such as love, the passage of time, beauty and mortality, Shakespeare's sonnets are 154 poems in sonnet form . (more sonnets)

Literature For All : authors (William Shakespeare - Charles Dickens - Leo Tolstoy ), Biographies, Quotes, novels and Poetry .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts